Assistant Merchandiser at UK Retailer
The objective role of Assistant Merchandiser at UK Retailer is to support the Merchandising team to maximise commercial opportunities through the effective management of inventory, driving sales through improved availability and forecasting and reducing mark down and maximising profit.
Our client is a well known UK retailer, based in Watford.
An Assistant Merchandiser at UK Retailer will:
- Provide weekly summary of key performance indicators within departments of responsibility and the wider business, relating to sales, stock, profit, and markdown versus budget and last year
- Be the key contact for all analysis relating to departments of responsibility and the wider business
- Maintain Weekly Stock Sales and Intake forecasts (WSSI)
- Manage intake flow into business to hit monthly forecasts, drive sales and minimise risks and communicate to DC for short term work flow planning and longer term budgeting
- Work with the Allocators to control inventory levels, allocations and replenishment to branches as required
- Provide analysis and summary of Markdown and Promotional activity for departments of responsibility and wider business
- Responsible for ensuring that mark downs are on the system in line with the mark down calendar
- Interact with other teams to improve seasonal performance and drive best practices
- Conduct detailed ad-hoc analysis when required on specific products/product groups
- Key contact for merchandise reporting and all aspects of merchandising
processes and system use
The right candidate for the role of Assistant Merchandiser at UK Retailer will:
- Have a background in retail merchandising preferably in clothing
- Advanced planning and analytical skills, including computer skills
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Confidence in suggesting calculated risks
- Strong customer awareness and understanding
- Exceptionally organised, methodical and efficient
- Time keeping & ability to meet stringent deadlines
Our client based in Watford will be offering £23,000-£25,000 with great benefits.