Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Type of position: Permanent
Role: Full time
Location: North London
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: Up to £40,000, depending on experience plus benefits
Our client is a school and education charity in North London looking for a top notch Executive Assistant / Office Manager to run the executive office and assist the Headteacher and Governing Body. They are looking for a self-starter who is able to organise and pre-empt the needs of the Headteacher, Chair and Governors, working under pressure at times and yet remain calm and personable.
Solid experience working as an EA or PA is a must working at a high level, working within an educational / charity environment or similar would be essential.
- Administrative and clerical support to Chair of Governors, clerking of main Board and other meetings
- Manage the Governance Calendar and ensure the statutory obligations for Governors are met
- Run the Headteacher’s office, including diary and travel arrangements, prioritising meetings etc.
- Maintain and monitor relevant budgets
- Recruit and motivate administrative staff
- Support to SLT and external meetings including minute taking as requested by Headteacher
- Facilitate the Headteacher to manage the school, actively scheduling staff meetings and briefings
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Headteacher
- Trained secretarial skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel
- Confident in creating complex reports
- Touch typing speed of no less than 60 wpm
- Minute taking experience, speed writing / shorthand
- Ability to pre-empt the needs of the head and run a smooth ship
- Personable and presentable and act as a representative of the school
- Manage your own time and the Headteacher’s
- Excellent up to date IT skills
- Mature attitude and the ability to apply tact and diplomacy
- Detail orientated, with excellent spelling and grammar / proof reading etc.
- Supporting the office when required and a team player