Legal Secretary - Litigation
The Legal Secretary is to provide a good secretarial and administrative service to the Associates and Partners of the Firm. Initially, this role will be supporting the whole team and the hours are 12 noon to 8pm.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing secretarial and administrative support to Associates and Partners using MS Office packages, iManage, Lawsoft, PDF Docs and any other relevant packages that may be required on a matter by matter basis (e.g. litigation support software).
• General reception duties including telephone calls, greeting visitors and preparing for meetings.
• Creating and amending a high volume of documents using expertise in tracked changes, automatic numbering and Excel formatting to a high degree of accuracy and often to tight deadlines.
• Presenting a professional and courteous image to clients and other outside parties.
• Producing documents and letters as directed by fee earners.
• To assist fee earners with day to day administrative matters as required including:-
o Opening new files
o Closing files and archiving
o File organisation and filing in accordance with firm procedures
o Assisting with billing procedures and other account enquiries
o Arranging meetings.
o Arranging travel.
• Document preparation including photocopying (e.g trial bundles for hearings)
• To provide support to other secretaries with workload as reasonably required
• Assisting with the secretarial team’s other administrative responsibilities including the administration of the library, training, outside suppliers (e.g. courier company, stationery providers etc), external archiving, IT support and post.
• Any other reasonable task which may be required from time to time including overtime.
• Extensive knowledge of legal secretarial duties and skills
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications
• Accurate and efficient PC Skills
• Accurate and speedy copy and audio typing skills
• Experience of document Management System desirable
For more information please contact Jane Alexander