Legal PA / Legal Secretary in Litigation
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity working for a really prestigious law firm in the heart of London, The law firm are an extremely well established, international law firm with a lot of experience dealing with some of the biggest companies in the world. They have beautiful offices in London and around the world, whilst also having a brilliant reputation for providing a world class service to clients with the highest of expectations.
The role is to provide professional PA/ secretarial support and is best suited to a team player that can work with a variety of different people, working closely with lawyers and support staff. You will be assigned to specific lawyers and a legal PA will work with every member of the team to ensure that the teams’ needs are met.
The department’s London litigation team is quite large, currently made up of around 18 support staff alone which emphasises their team spirit and supportive environment. This role looks after a number of free earners including two partners so would need someone who has experience at senior level.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with the law firm’s clients and their teams and developing knowledge of the Group's clients and their business.
- Actively contributing to client service initiatives in the group, including attending client events and seminars where required.
- Liaising with the travel company to make travel and accommodation arrangements, keeping lawyers advised of any changes in scheduling and ensuring they have an accurate and up to date itinerary and all the relevant travel details are in their Outlook calendar.
- Arranging meetings and appointments for lawyers, both internally and externally, ensuring the Outlook diary is up to date and holds all the necessary information in relation to the appointment including taking responsibility for booking travel, meeting rooms and arranging for necessary equipment and refreshments.
- Taking ownership of answering lawyers' telephone calls when they are unavailable, taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly, trying to assist and answer any non-legal queries if possible and ensuring the caller receives a satisfactory response.
- Management and co-ordination of lawyers' e-mails, including electronic filing and printing.
- Working in conjunction with the Business Development Team to ensure a consistent approach across office, practice groups and sectors is maintained.
The firm is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible candidate who is willing and able to hit the ground running. The candidate needs to be able to remain calm under pressure and work well in a team environment as well as having outstanding interpersonal skills. The nature of the role also requires a self-starter who is extremely organised, able to work on their own initiative and recognises the need for confidentiality.
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Jo Benson.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.
Apply for Legal PA / Legal Secretary in Litigation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly