Legal Secretary in Employment (6month Contract)
2 days left
- Full Time
We have an amazing opportunity at a prestigious law firm based in the City with a brilliant reputation with their clients and employees alike. They provide a world class service to their clients across the globe as far as the US all the way to the Far East, whilst still being based in beautiful offices at the heart of London where you will be spending the majority of your time. The firm have a really impressive benefits scheme as well as their reputation for having a really friendly working environment and being really supportive of personal development.
The role is a sixth month placement working full time and you will be reporting to the secretarial team leader, you will be expected to provide first class legal secretarial support and administrative support to three fee earners who work within the employment team. The firm expect the secretaries to work for allocated fee earners however all secretaries are expected to work as part of a team with shared responsibilities.
- Producing correspondence via BigHand digital dictation system and/or copy typing.
- Corresponding or speaking with clients/third parties as required.
- Diary management.
- Proof reading to ensure all documents produced are accurate and correctly presented.
- Preparing trial bundles for Court.
- Producing PowerPoint slide presentations.
- Assisting with business development initiatives including event management.
- Preparation of accounts forms and, where necessary, management of client invoices.
- Liaising with respective fee earners to establish priority of work.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Previous experience supporting an employment practice group is necessary
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fantastic organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Full understanding of new client opening procedures and know your client requirements.
- Competent in all aspects of time recording, complicated billing and cash collection processes.
The firm are looking for a well-rounded and experienced legal secretary who is willing to work hard and hit the ground running in their new role. They need to be really enthusiastic and driven and need to be a fantastic team player as well as being able to work on their own as well.
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Jo Benson now!
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.
Apply for Legal Secretary in Employment (6month Contract)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly