A global telecommunications company requires an experienced receptionist to act as the face of the company, providing a professional and efficient service to all external/internal customers. This will be working alongside another receptionist. The hours are 10am - 6pm but some flexibility is required.
- Ensuring that all callers, by telephone or in person, are dealt with in an efficient, welcoming and professional manner;
- Liaising and co-ordinating closely with the Security Dept to ensure the security integrity of the building with regard to access of visitors;
- Sending and responding to messages via e-mail, fax and telephone;
- Booking taxis and ordering flowers as requested by staff;
- Ensuring that the reception and waiting areas are kept in a tidy and presentable condition;
- Acting as an 'information point' for staff and visitors and assisting with local information if possible;
- Providing cover for the switchboard if the need arises;
- Providing support and cover for the Senior Receptionist and undertaking their duties if the need arises.
Skills and Experience
- Proven reception skills and relevant experience;
- The ability to deal with people from all levels of business, in a courteous and efficient manner;
- Proficient in written and spoken English;
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop Applications, particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills;
- A flexible and pragmatic approach with the ability to work well under pressure;
- An outgoing, confident and well organised disposition;
- A calm and sensible approach to difficult situations and the ability to prioritise work;
- A smart and professional appearance.
If you possess the relevant skills and experience, please submit your CV today