Covent Garden, London
Up to £35,000 per annum + benefits
Financial PR agency based in Covent Garden is looking for a PA to support a team of 5 including the Vice Chairman.
The ideal candidate will be a career PA with solid experience looking to become a key part of the team. Someone who possesses excellent communication skills, strong organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple diaries and travel arrangements. They will be expected to help the team of six PAs with various ad-hoc duties including printing, binding, setting up and clearing meeting rooms, tidying up the kitchen, loading/unloading the dishwasher, etc. so flexibility and a collaborative attitude are essential.
About the Company
Maitland is a global financial, corporate and litigation public relations consultancy, assisting a wide range of UK and international clients with every aspect of their communications needs.
Based in London, Maitland is part of the multinational marketing group Havas. It is also a member of AMO, the leading global network of strategic and financial communications consultancies.
Hours/days of work: Core office hours are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday with 6.30am start 1 day a week (overtime will be paid). Flexibility around start and finish times will be expected.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities
In short, the successful candidate should ideally have the following:
- Have 4 years secretarial experience
- Possess advanced Microsoft Word skills, intermediate PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel skills
- Have an accurate copy/typing speed of at least 60wpm
- Have a confident, articulate telephone manner
- Have proven organisational and diary management skills including all logistics such as travel, accommodation, visa requirements etc.
- Have ability to handle high volume of work, and fluctuating workloads
- Have ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work on their own initiative and work well without supervision
- Have ability to work as an active team member
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Show aptitude for new packages and learning new skills
- Have a professional demeanour
As well as the core secretarial duties, the successful candidate will have other responsibilities including:
- Monitoring, managing and organising emails for your Partners/Associate Partners
- Sending announcements to the Stock Exchange via RNS and PR Newswire – this would require 6.30am starts and occasional late nights for company results and announcements
- Monitoring newswires, viewing share prices, etc. using Bloomberg, Reuters
- Internet research, including accessing archive news articles using Factiva
- Monitoring publication websites
- Organising events such as lunches/breakfasts/dinners, etc.
- Providing cover when necessary for other members of the PA team, particularly during holiday periods or when other PAs need assistance due to heavy workload
If you have the required skills and experience, please click apply.